Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunday is a Special Day


Ok so I never went to Primary growing up, so I don't know those cute songs. Anyway. Sunday is a very special day for me! I get to have my spiritual "battery" recharged, I get to partake of the sacrament, teach my cute kids, and just have a day to relax and come closer to my Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Sunday is also a day when I get to have my weekly dates with my BFFMG! Kendahl!

Yes! This wonderful young woman is my weekly date! (shhh! don't tell TJ... well he knows and he approves... whtvr!) She has honestly been such a heaven sent for the past 9 months (!!!!) of TJ's mission! I'm the senior waiting buddy but she always helps me in so many more ways than I help her! I'm so grateful for her friendship and her occassional butt kicking to get me back on track! She hit her year mark last month (exactly!) so she only has 11 months left before her manly man is back! We have fun on our dates; we share events from the week before, parts of our weekly letters, words of encouragement (or sarcasm at times), laughter, and our weekly resolution. She has been such a strength for me and I'm so blessed to have this daughter of God in such a crucial time in my life! She is an amazing friend (she texts me first thing 98% of the mornings) and I love her so much! Not to mention, she's absolutely beautiful! I gots ta get my hair did for our date tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment