Friday, December 23, 2011

How He Did It!

FINALLY I'm able to sit down and tell you fabulous readers how it happened. How Taylor finally asked me to marry him. I'm going to juggle typing out the story, eating my breakfast, and getting ready for church. So here we go!
The date was 12/22/11, a beautiful Thursday day date that he had spent an entire week planning and was so excited for, I was too! I had a tiny inkling in my mind that this was going to be the day and I had no idea what to expect. I was late gettting off of work (about an hour) and I rushed changing and heading over to his house. We drove off to a trail we had hiked before about 2 1/2 years ago during the summer; we hiked maybe a 1/6 of the way up the trail when he had us sit down on a rock and watch this amazing sunset! He pulled out two To-Go Nutella snacks and it was like having a dinner and a show. He took some amazing pictures of the sunset and us and we headed back as soon as we couldn't see the sun behind the mountains. Our next stop was to Carl's Jr. to have a delicious burger seeing as how I hadn't eaten since early that morning. Once that delicious burger was in my face, we went off to our next activity: bowling! The first bowling alley we went to was booked until 9:45 but he needed a lane sooner than that; we drove about 15 mintues to the next bowling alley and only bowled one game... in which he beat me barely. All of these things we were doing brought back so many memories of when we first started dating and I loved being able to relive them and just be with him that night.
Our last and final destination remained a secret to me... it was driving me crazy! We sang in the car along to songs from a playlist on his iPod that contained all of "our songs" We parked and started walking briskly to a destination that I was soon about to find out. Finally I saw signs for the Phoenix Zoon Lights. I was so excited since I had never been to see them and I LOVE seeing Christmas lights. It was a cold night and we walked close to each other all bundled up in jackets and hats. We walked around the zoo and saw these beautiful lights. By this time I was thinking when is he going to ask me?! what the heck?! but I enjoyed every minute of being with him and pushed my impatient thoughts to the side. Finally he convinced me to sit down so that we could watch a group of trees "dance" with lights to music; we sat by the lake and watched the lights. He asked me if my feet were hurting at all and I said a little... so he took off one of my socks and shoes and began to rub my feet right there. After a minute he looked at me and asked if I was having a good night and I said I was. He then asked "what are you doing every night for the rest of your life?" Then he got down on one knee and awkwardly {but very cutely} took the ring box out of his pocket and asked "Marlee Michelle, will you marry me?"
OF COURSE I said yes.... hello! I was beaming after he had asked and we hugged the whole rest of the night. I'm finally an engaged woman. I'm finally marrying my best friend and am so excited to spend the rest of eternity with him. I couldn't be happier!
Marriage date:
March 10th, 2012

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! How cute!!! :) So exciting!!! Congrats girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!!! Congratulations!!! (:
    i sure hope one day ill be able to say i married my missionary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omygosh!! Love it! I am so excited for you! Congratulations! =)

    ReplyDelete