Friday, August 12, 2011

It Is His Birthday.




Yep! That's right! My man is getting old today. Turning a whopping 2-2! I'll be joining the AARP club with him though in 3 months. This is his third birthday I get to celebrate with him and his last one on the mission!!! Hallelujah!
Here I am with a glass of fine aged Martenelli's on the rocks trying to think of how best to tell him happy birthday. I have already sent him a birthday package which he should have recieved. Looking over the past 3 birthdays with him, I can't help but just think about how he was those three times. The first one I spent with him, he had a party that a bunch of friends were invited to and he put the pressure on me to make him a cake. I decided to make a chocolate cake with a mango filling and frost it with red buttercream. Well... the red turned to pink and trying to make my man's perfect birthday cake was just not happening. He came to my house from work to see myself with my hair disheveled, puffy eyes from crying and a frazzeled girlfriend with a pink cake. He grabbed me into his arms and said "I love my cake so much! Thank you for making me a cake for my birthday." I then commenced with crying because I was so bummed about the cake.
For his party, he shmoozed with everyone but, in his own words, made sure that I was the center of attention for his birthday. He loved the party, he loved the cake, and he loved the presents but most importantly, he loved that I had put in so much thought for his day.
And he's been like that the entire time we've been together! Last year for his birthday, he spent a good 30 minutes on a tape telling me how much he loved every. single. gift I had sent him. I am so lucky that he is sooo appreciative even if his lame woman makes him a pink cake. "I don't care that it was pink. It still tasted delicious!" He's a fat kid in the making!
The past two birthdays that have been while on his mission, I have tried to think of ways to celebrate this day by doing something that reminds me of him. Today, I have decided to wear two mismatched socks just for him. He loves me.
{good thing I'm going to match his socks for him!}
So Taylor, my Darling. Happy Birthday Love! You're getting old, but hey, you'll be a very cute grandpa if I do say so myself! I can't wait to spend your birthday with you next year! I'll be sure to save to make it super special! I love you and I can't wait to see you in less than 4 months! Cheers Babe! Here's to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment