Sunday, June 5, 2011

Gratitude

I had an enlightening moment tonight... rather a few moments actually. I was having a bit of a rough week this past week, just a mix between stress from work and school on top of a few things that haven't gone the way I would've liked them to go, but that's life right. Just gotta roll with the punches, no matter how many or how hard those punches are. My mom and I were just talking tonight about a tour I took with my mom and brother at the jail facility my mom works at and somethings were said about my relationship status that kinda hurt and I was getting all frustrated with my whole love life situation.
I was sitting on my bed, trying to catch up my boy with my already flopped week with some unfortunate events and was definitely having a pity party for one... yeah selfish enough to keep all this misery to myself. As I was telling him about my day in church, all of a sudden I had remembered that over the past few weeks or months, I had began to think about all of the little things I was blessed with. I felt like I needed to write them out in his letter and let me tell you... I have been one reeeally ungrateful punk lately. I honestly, have no reason to complain or think how my life is so hard. The only things I have to really tackle are my wandering thoughts and how I deal with stress... bam. That's it. I have all of my limbs, I have wonderful vision. I have safe shelter, a family who loves me, supportive friends, quite a few talents, I have an education, I have an amazing and caring boy who treats me like a queen, I have an awesome dog that waits up all hours of the night until I come home and cuddles with me on the couch, I can read and write, I have a 4.0 in school....
Need I say more?! There is a scripture that says something around the lines that nothing offends God more than those who do not confess his name in all things. Definitely also includes those who are not grateful for all that the Lord sees fit to bless them with. So what if my knees belong to an 80 year old... at least I have them. So what if I have more curves than a road going down a mountain, at least I don't have medical issues that would make me a walking death trap. So what if I get annoyed at my family once in while, at least EVERY single one of them is safe and I am able to see them everyday. So what if my boyfriend is 2,000+ miles away... at least I have one (and a pretty dang good one too!) that loves me and treats me better than I could've ever imagined. There's just sooo much to be grateful for and I honestly can't find any true problem that I have that other's don't. So, Marlee, get over yourself and start embracing the blessings you do have. It could be worse... it could be raining.
Sooo... hopefully this bit of rambling made sense to you all and I'm just not putting things out in space. Maybe I am. But this was just my little piece of thoughts I had tonight that I'd thought I'd share.

1 comment:

  1. Its so true...it's easy to see all the difficulties, but you have to train yourself to remember the good :)

    ReplyDelete