Saturday, September 3, 2011

It's Heating Up!

And I don't mean myself in my two new jackets ;) haha!
my red jacket for parusing
my whites for competing
In exactly one week, my team and I will be on our merry way to Innsbruck Austria to compete in one of the toughests competitions in the world! Are we insane?? Oh... you have no idea! The past 8 weeks of intense training and mind exploding run throughs... it's been crazy.


this is just a preview of the competition
But I would not have traded any of this and I would do this all over again because this preparation for the competition has reall opened up my eyes as to what I am capable of. What my partner and I can do. That my creative tendencies get me so far and that my experience in the industry has given me an edge that will help my team go far. My partner and I can now smash out a menu with 4 random ingredients in less than 4 minutes. We know each others movements and we know each others speed. We push each other and constantly help one another if we get in the weeds. We've been able to pull of incredible stuff within 30 minutes and each practice we get better and better.
This time next week, I'll be on my flight to Chicago, having an awesome Italian roast beef sandwich for my mentor, then off to Frankfurt! And finally land in Innsbruck. My life will never be the same when I leave Phoenix. Lots of sweat, possible blood, and some tears will be shed on the Innsbruck ground as this student team works for the gold! I'm sooo excited and I can't wait to rub shoulders with some of the greatest young chefs in the world (and kick their trash taking that medal! haha!). Wish me luck all! I'm gonna need it!
p.s. sorry for the kitchen lingo... what can I say, I'm a cook ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment