Thursday, May 26, 2011

So This Is Love


This is my boy and he is pretty fantastic! As I mentioned before, he is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints; more specifically he is in the North Carolina Charlotte Mission, spanish speaking (he's pretty legit!). He has been serving for a very looooong time. Almost 18 months! Yeah long time but he is even more perfect for me than he was before he left, which I thought could NEVER happen. This man of mine has grown so much emotionally, physically, mentally, and spiritually. I never thought that a relationship or love could be like this... never knew it was possible or if it was, that I'd never be the lucky one to find it. I honestly thought that I would be single for the rest of my life, be a highly successful chef and restaurant owner and have a dog, and be completely happy! Oh how I was sooo wrong! Anyway... I didn't mean to go off about how much I love this guy, but to show off how much I'm spoiled every week! TJ has been gone for close to 78 weeks and I have close to 100 letters, cards, notes, and packages from him. Letter Day, aka Thursday, is the best day of my week! Every single week and pretty much everyone whow knows me and my situation, knows that you don't detain Marlee for very long on Thursdays... she needs her letters like people need coffee in the morning. Anyways, bless my mother's heart, she has been the one to get my letters every week for the past almost 3 months and ALWAYS places his letters on my pillow for me to read when I get home late from school.
This week, due to my brothers' graduation (congrats dude!), I was the one to get MY letter from my Sweetheart. And this is what I saw:
He makes my heart happy :) I love him mucho! And I've come to LOVE stickers on his envelopes! The best idea I've ever had for his letters!
So since I got out of school earlier than usual, I decided to take the opportunity to go to the temple for this week and I couldn't help but think about him. I absolutely LOVE the peace and calm that can be felt in the temple, it truly is unlike any other place on earth. I am so happy and excited to go to the temple and be sealed to this sweet man of mine for time and eternity. To have him as my one and only through the tests of life will be the sweetest blessing I can imagine. I was worrying a bit earlier in the week about marriage with my crazy occupation I've chosen and if we'll "make it;" in this weeks letter, he wrote concerning these crazy worries I was having this week (which he didn't know about) "the thing is, Babe, that we don't have to be perfect to never get divorced. If we did, we wouldn't stand a chance... I promise I won't let you go, as I'm sure you won't want me to. We're going to be just fine, Darling Love. I promise." That boy. I don't know how he does it. He's my happiness. My battery is fully recharged to take on another week with my Honey so far away. That's it, the mush is over :)

No comments:

Post a Comment